2nd Benjamin Reading - Brad Sigety

2nd Reading
The second reading by Benjamin was complicated and hard to read. I did not really enjoy struggling through the hard/complex language that forced me to stop reading and go back through to get a better understanding. The ending was the most annoying part for me as he got extremely political. I am a self called history buff (I love reading and learning about history) and love learning about the world wars. However even this was a little extreme for me. I understand his believe that fascism is not a healthy government for lots of countries around it as it has a need to expand to other areas. Benjamin then goes off and says how the global communist revolution is the answer. It was a little interesting in how he connected art to history, The most interesting is how he was able to draw a clear line from photography to ancient spiritual artwork. However, if Benjamin would have only exclude getting his political view involved I feel I would have enjoyed it more. Overall I found this reading tough to do and did not really enjoy it.

Comments